At Sound Radiology we feel it is important to share with you how we are offering our service in this uncertain time.
Firstly, as there is much hardship thrust upon our communities and many people close to us, I do hope you are all doing well and managing to find ways to stay positive.
Secondly, whilst access to services and businesses are completely uncertain and changing rapidly, please see my video update for this week. I aim to do them weekly so you can rely on our services for your patients and how we are functioning to ensure a safe environment for the delivery of your radiology needs.
We issued our Heightened Infection Control Policy earlier this month in response to COVID-19. This policy required all staff to do online learning modules to reinforce the importance of hand hygiene and follow best practices. The best part is each member receives a completion certificate for CPD recording. Click here for access.
Updating our operational hours
As a small practice, we are able to flex our workforce to ensure business continuity and meet the demand needs of our referring health professionals. We are moving to split our teams in the event to mitigate the operational risk of COVID-19 exposure amongst our staff. As such, we will be closing our Saturday morning service for the month of April at this stage. Our usual operating hours still apply.
Keeping us clean
The most important aspect right now is the minimisation of COVID-19 virus spread. We would like to reassure you that disinfecting protocols are heightened to give you confidence that our site is as clean as possible.
- Regularly disinfecting all waiting room chairs, reception desk and common bathrooms throughout the day
- Hand sanitiser for patients before entering the practice, again as they are taken through for their clinical appointment and on exiting the practice
- Alcohol wipe down of all light switches and handles twice daily
- Disinfecting wipes of all hard surfaces in clinical rooms after EVERY patient
- Any patient with a cough follows full SA Health procedure and MUST not be at risk of suspicion of COVID-19 to attend an appointment. Further to this, they also must wear a mask for the duration of their stay
We also have in place the full cleaning policy for the premises in the event of a positive COVID-19 case. But should you have any concerns or would like more specific updates, please get in touch.